Wednesday, December 4, 2013

nature in the home: charlie brown christmas tree

i feel so relieved today.  all my jobs seemed to coalesce this past weekend and i have struggled to keep my head above water ever since.  needless to say, december snuck in the back door for me.  but today at 1:30 my observation at school was finished and that was the last burden that i needed to unload.  now i feel caught up, at least for a while, and ready to deck the halls.  i'm thankful to lou at little green shed for the gentle nudge to go ahead and get started today.  this is a sweet native pine bough that i brought home from the cub scout meeting sunday.  the idea is from those i am hoarding on my holiday crafts pinboard.  such simple loveliness.  it makes me smile.  g must really like it too as he's commented on it several times and is fondly referring to it as his charlie brown christmas tree.  it is a start.  i have several other ideas for this mantel.  all in good time.  i refuse to be caught up in the christmas rush.  i'd rather ease into the season in my own slower pace.






5 comments:

  1. Oh Doris, love your charlie brown tree!!!! Easing into the season sounds wonderful to me! :) Evie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh it is sooo pretty! Love those bottles, I need to add to my collection! Thanks for joining me! Lou x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks beautiful in the golden evening light - all those shining baubles interspersed with the pinecones. So Christmassy and comforting :)

    ReplyDelete