this is the last winter cha project for jbs that i have to share. jenni wanted me to make a project with the new mini cigar box. it's tiny, measuring approximately 4x6 (the size of the photo inside). i was pretty anxious because i struggle with "projects." i just have a hard time coming up with the ideas. i was so very relieved when this idea came to me in time. and even more relieved when it turned out pretty much as i envisioned it. big sigh of relief. WHEW.
here we have the new kraft pockets, white printed tags, hodgepodge stickers, and chipboard buttons. i love that jenni's supplies are always so basic. they inspire creativity. jenni is a genius and i enjoy making art with her products.
the mini cigar boxes are currently on sale as part of the march mini-album kit. there are just so many fun possibilities with these guys.
let me see if i can explain my process for you here:
1. pierce two "buttonholes" in each star.
2. line the inside of the box with patterned paper and attach the photo.
3. pierce holes in the cigar box where you want the stars to be suspended.
4. run the fishing twine through the holes, stringing the cotton ball clouds and stars as you go.
5. tightly tie off the fishing twine.
6. paint the back of each star with glue and then sprinkle with glitter and let dry.
7. carefully paint the front of each star with glue and then sprinkle with glitter and let dry.
p.s. wasn't my widdle boo baby so adorable? those curls. those lashes. those cheeks. sigh.