1. the first 8 ingredients made the marinade. i substituted kroger's tequila lime 30 minute marinade.
2. i then baked my pound of nicely marinated skinless boneless chicken breasts at 400 for 30 minutes.
3. coat with white sauce and sprinkle with a bit of colby jack shredded cheese and bake till cheese melts.
4. serve on a bed of crushed tortilla chips with fresh lime to squeeze over and a side of mexican rice.
The "white sauce" in step two is a mix of the following ingredients with my changes in parenthesis:
- 1/4 cup real mayonnaise (1/8 cup)
- 1/4 cup sour cream (1/8 cup)
- 2 tablespoons salsa (omitted)
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon cajun blackening (sprinkle of pepper)
- 1/4 teaspoon parsley flakes (sprinkle)
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce (substituted a dash of mustard)
- 1/8 teaspoon dried dill weed (omitted)
- 1/8 teaspoon cumin (sprinkled)
i really was going to add the hot sauce, but somebody had used the last. i found some taco sauce on my hot sauce search, but it had a "best if used by september 2011" marking, so i was hesitant. mustard was the next zestiest thing, so mustard it was.
the chicken was pretty darn awesome. will definitely be adding this one to the frequent rotation. the only thing i'll change is my choice of a rice side. i used uncle ben's sun-dried tomato florentine. the lime and sun-dried tomatoes were in competition with each other. i think the rice would be great with fish, but not the fiesta lime chicken. next time i'll look for a more middle of the road mexican rice.