Tuesday, January 31, 2012

menu plan 5: tortilla soup

i made my tortilla soup as my dish of the week.  i snagged this pic off the old blog as i was too busy reading to bother photographing the soup i was eating while i was reading.  but yay me for having a menu plan for five weeks straight now, right?  this is unprecidented!  no cute phone photo of the refrigerator menu either, but trust me, it's there.  g will vouch for me on that one.  i've blogged about this recipe a few times.  you can read the quickie version here and my fresh frozen cilantro trick here.  and since these posts, i've taken to adding thin sliced baby carrots to the chicken boil segment and my sister always adds avocado to the toppings options. 

this week:
saturday: tortilla soup
sunday: leftovers
monday: salmon, red lobster baked potatoes, salad
tuesday: i forget, but it's on the fridge
wednesday: beef tips with the leftover grape tomatoes (a doris hybrid - i'll let you know how it goes)
thursday: soup, sandwiches, and salad
friday: open

btw, i'm proud to report that no cucumbers have rotted in my fridge so far this year.  another 2012 miracle.  fingers crossed that the head of iceburg lettuce gets consumed before decomposition sets in as well.

1 comment:

  1. The pictures of your food always makes me hungry. They all look so delicious. That is so funny about the cucumbers and lettuce. That always happens to me too...lol

    ReplyDelete