Monday, November 4, 2013

gratitude journal

here is the title page of my gratitude journal.  i made several of the pages from the negative space leftover when i cut out leaves with my cameo last year to make a fall garland.  the cut file, designed by lisa dickinson, is still available HERE

it has been so nice to have the foundation started.  it is making this little daily crafting endeavor attainable.  i decided that i did not want to include photos each day as that would inhibit me from finishing.  it's just too hard for me to keep up with taking, editing, and printing a photo daily.  instead, i am using vintage ephemera to represent each day.  it's been so fun to play with my vintage goodies to make a little daily collage.

i've also been adding an extra page in between each of the pre-made spreads to add space for my journaling.  that way i can collage up one side and journal up the other.  win, win!

i took a few pictues saturday to share the way i organize my vintage scrappies.  of course, after i took this picture, i remembered that i had several little jars full of buttons, milk, caps, bottle caps, and metal findings on my pottery barn shelf.  and then i remembered that my fall and christmas vintage was in a december daily basket under the table.  but you get the general idea.

i'm amassing quite a collection of vintage journaling options.  i keep all these little books and tablets lined up in a cubby on my old library table.  the plastic 8.5x11 file is there, as well, holding some of the largest pieces of ephemera.

the cigar boxes are stacked beside my little vintage book collection.  the one top left has mostly numbers and wordy type ephemera, the one on the top right is more about images, the bottom left is random dimenional bits, and the bottom right is larger ephemera.  the small cigar box is still available at jbs mercantile, but i believe the larger divided one is sold out.  it is jenni bowlin studio, though, so perhaps it is still available on the web somewhere.

i get all my vintage lovelies from jenni.  most come from the antiquarian add-ons each month.  this is the november addition.  there are a few other antiquarian kits from months gone by still available in the past kits section at jbs mercantile.

and here is a visual representation of my thankful for saturday.  i got to scrap with my get it scrapped! peeps all afternoon.  so fun!  i even bought and learned how to use a webcam.  go me!  (you can see my pottery barn shelf in the background there).  can't wait till next time girls!  :)

1 comment:

  1. Loved taking a peek at your vintage treasurers and how you store them. And love that pottery barn shelf. I have collected so many vintage pieces from Jenni's kits. I need to work out something to re-arrange the way I store them. I was putting them in kit clear sleeves and hanging them with vintage hangers. But they are getting so full. I need to think about something else besides just a great big stack....I know I should just try to use them up more. I have been such a slacker on sbing lately. Hopefully life is calming down and I can get back into it and use up some of this wonderful scrappy stuff.

    ReplyDelete