Thursday, January 23, 2014

get it scrapped!: stripes

i love stripes!  i wear them horizontally all the time, whether i should or not.  striped patterned paper is usually a favorite too.  i especially like to use it for journaling.  on this layout, i used stripes to bookend my design area and to create the feeling of an event located on a timeline.  the layout is about my son being away from me for 12 days when his father took him to honduras to visit his grandparents. that was SO hard!  luckily, we were able to communicate several times each day via facetime, but I was still overwhelmed with love and gratitude when I picked him up at the airport at the end of his trip.  the stripes on the left are bold and stark to reflect the separation. On the right they are much softer and stitched to the page to show the relief and connection of being together once more.  i love my sweet potato SO much!

you can find more stripe inspiration HERE on the get it scrapped! blog.  another great read!

disclaimer:  i broke a lot of rules on this one.  i'll be chatting about that next month at masterful scrapbook design if you want to sign on and listen in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment