Saturday, July 5, 2014

happy (belated) fourth of july!

we're having a fine time celebrating our nation with the family.  if you're looking for ideas on documenting independence day, head on over to the jbs blog for more inspiration from the design team using the july papercrafting kits that are perfectly designed for the holiday.  there are, of course, lots and lots of other projects featuring more ways to use the red, white, and blue color scheme.

these photos are from our 2012 fourth of july.  they were taken with my crappy android cell phone and are really quite funny to me.  my brother (and son) kept complaining that they couldn't hold their eyes open with the flash bombing their eyes.  you can see on the right that I showed them how it is done, although i am way ghosty with the blowout.  ha.

i snagged just a few pics of this fourth with my new iphone.  unlike christmas, i always scrapbook this holiday.  i'll try to save these for next year since i've gotten my fourth of july scrapbooking fix for this year.

we went to lake alice instead of the beach this year.  we were hoping for funnel cakes, but the fire truck was blocking our route.  sigh.  at least the fireworks were stellar.

here is a photo of my baby and me.  goodness!  next year he may be my height!  woah!

1 comment:

  1. You have been busy despite the celebrations! I like your little freedom card ...

    ReplyDelete