Friday, March 27, 2015

using my stash: my how they've grown

another layout using the kit i built for calvinball!  i must get busy this weekend!  we're fast approaching the end of calvinball!  only four more days plus today after work!  ;)

design:  i went with a monochromatic color scheme for the background.  i randomly cut the yellow papers from my kit and layered them up the page.  i like how it helps reinforce the growth theme.

story:  these three planted tiny sunflower seeds earlier in the year and by july when g's two friends came to visit again they simple could not believe that these huge sunflowers were from those tiny seeds they planted.  they were almost 12 feet tall!

photos:  the sunflower was taken with my dslr.  the other two were with my iphone.  the tiny photo was edited with the pictureshow app and then resized with diptic before printing.

technique:  i stamped on the tag, but then covered most of it up.  i've been trying to use my stamps more lately.

product:  most of the time i do a layout first and then if there's a project life page next to it i'll use the same product for that.  this time i did the project life page first and i guess it's pretty obvious that i was trying to use my freckled fawn wood veneer stash.  i think all the embellishments are freckled fawn here.  i then used the patterned paper kit that i created for calvinball on the layout and made sure to include some wood veneer on it as well.

and the project life page and layout together in my album.  :)


2 comments:

  1. Love the LO! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the irony of the fact that the boys have grown too! I love pages that can have double meanings!

    ReplyDelete