Sunday, March 4, 2012
menu plan 10: sweet potato casserole
1 large can sweet potatoes
1 can pineapple tidbits
1. mash sweet potatoes then smooth them out in casserole dish.
2. drizzle with 1/4 cup pineapple juice.
3. arrange pineapple tidbits as shown.
4. garnish with pecans and craisins (push craisins into potatoes a bit so they plump when baking).
5. bake at 400 for 10-15 minutes until warmed through.
this week's menu plan:
saturday - chinese buffet
sunday - rotisserie chicken, sweet potato casserole, green beans, watermelon
monday - pork chops, leftover veggies, salad, strawberries
tuesday - tilapia, baked yams, salad, mango
wednesday - shishkabobs
thursday - baked chicken, brown rice, cucumbers, apples
friday - open
we're trying to do less carbs and more whole foods right now. limiting the dairy to milk with meals, yogurt or skinny cows, and for g the occasional slice of this weird organic soy based veggie cheese that i'm not too sure about. the ingredients list doesn't look very organic to me. g's dad bought it.
the grains i'm having more trouble with. so far i've got corn, shredded wheat, and brown rice. do you know the first thing on the huge ingredient list for granola bars is corn syrup? ack! what else should i look into?